Monday, September 13, 2010

Alison Visits



My friend Alison (now living in Denver) was able to visit with us for a weekend as a pre-trip option to her conference schedule in Chicago for the week. Alison and my friendship goes back to NDSU when I was her freshmen year RA in the residence halls. We have lots of fun memories of Seim Hall and were able to talk about the funny memories of college life.

Alison arrived on Friday and stayed with us through Sunday. We enjoyed two evenings of movies, popcorn and some good ol' Summer Shandy's. Saturday I had my hair appointment scheduled, so Alison came with and helped with Max while I got some highlights with my hair stylist Dale. Too many stories could be said regarding Dale, as he always has stories to tell and keeps us laughing. He was a little caught off guard when I walked in with little man and asked (with sarcasm) "is it drugged?, is it staying?" Oh Dale. After the hair appointment Alison, Max and I were able to enjoy some sushi and a trip to Ikea. Layton and Abby headed out early on Saturday to enjoy hearing mom preach at a ministry event. Our rainy weather Saturday didn't keep us inside!

Sunday included watching the Chicago Bears take a win (even though that was by pure luck)! That evening Alison and I drove into the city and enjoyed a dinner at Grand Lux Cafe on Michigan Avenue with her co-worker. We had a nice time and I enjoyed some time away from the kiddos with adult time. She is going to spend a week in Chicago for her company's conference and will definitely enjoy some great city entertainment. Thanks for the fun visit Alison!